Just me, a wife to a wonderful husband, child of Christ, working mom to one active little boy, rambling about everyday life...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

good bye twenties! Hello THIRTIES!

I have officially entered my thirties. I have been in my 30's for approximately 12 days and really it's not that bad. I really thought that I would have a rough time with it. I mean my 20's were great. I graduated college, I got my first REAL job, got engaged, got married, bought our first house, got my second REAL job, added a member to our family, got my THIRD real job. I was busy!
So you may be asking, what did I do to celebrate this blessed event. Well nothing (nothing on the actual day, but I did have a party, which I still need to blog about). I had informed hubs that I DID NOT want a party. Instead of spending money on a party, I wanted to go on a trip. So hubs listened and planned a trip for my sister and my mom in March. Next week I will be leaving for Sunny Florida and I CAN NOT wait. I am sure I will have plenty of stories, especially since I have not vacationed with my sister or my mom in oh let's say 15+ years. My sister has not been out of the state of Missouri since we were kids, let alone leave her own children in the trusted care of her wonderful husband (except to pop out another child), nor has she been on a plane. Oh Lord, help us all. My mom whom is a little high strung (sorry mom, but it is true) has traveled, but is known for her accidents with BIG trucks (I promise this is for another post). So here in about a week, the J girls will be traveling away from home on a wonderful adventure. Please pray...I mean, none of us have a sense of direction. I am hoping for a GPS system in our rental car or we could end up in Georgia or New York. I can't ride, because I get car sick VERY easily, so I will be driving. But I have a huge fear of bridges, so me driving over a bridge is not fun. My knuckles turn white, the steering wheel will have indentations where my hands have gripped the wheel so hard. Sweat will pour out of my body, like I am running a marathon. I tell you what, great fun will be had by all. You wanna come!
But I do know I will enjoy the sun, the beach, the ocean and the quality time with my mom and sister (while missing my other sister too!).

1 comment:

PDub said...

Rach - I can't wait for the stories about your trip! It is going to be memorable (and scrapable!)

I'm the SAME way with bridges - very weird!

Happy Thirty Girl!