Just me, a wife to a wonderful husband, child of Christ, working mom to one active little boy, rambling about everyday life...

Monday, February 12, 2007

Say what you want.

At what age can you say whatever you want? I only ask this, because about once a month I get the joy of taking my grandma to run errands. Last month, she called on a Thursday and this is how our conversation went:

G-maP: Hi Honey. It's grandma. Are you busy on Saturday?

Me: Well I have an appointment in the morning and then I am getting my hair colored. Why?

G-maP: What color?

Me: What?

G-maP: What color are you coloring your hair?

Me: Just my normal color, I need to hide those grays.

G-maP: That's good, you know your grandma doesn't like it when you color it like a leopard. Oh, you got that (the graying) from the J side of the family. If you were more like the A side, you wouldn't have to worry. Remember, I don't have gray yet.

Me: I know, it's no fun getting old.

G-maP: You know one time your cousin M decided to bleach her hair. Honey she had the most beautiful copper hair BEFORE she bleached it. After she bleached it she looked like a WH%RE!

Me: GRANDMA...that is not very nice.

G-maP: Well she did honey, and I would tell that to her tomorrow if I saw her.

The sad thing is that she would tell my cousin M!

At my grandpa's funeral (her ex-husband), she saw some old friends and said, "oh my, you have gained some weight haven't you?". I was mortified. But that has always been my grandma. She will tell you if she doesn't like a food that you brought to a family dinner, and heaven knows that she doesn't like CHOCOLATE CAKE. She tells everyone.

So with my birthday approaching, does this give me permission to say what I want? Like that has ever stopped me!

No comments: